With over 21 years legal experience, Andrew Winters, co-founded Cohen & Winters in 2009. As one of the key strategic partners, he has helped the firm grow considerably.
After graduating from Duke University School of Law, Andrew spent more than six years honing his skills at the public defender’s office. Since entering private practice in 2006 Andrew has frequently appeared in court litigating different types of cases, particularly in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury and divorce cases. He has achieved victories before judges, juries, and the New Hampshire Supreme Court. In recent years Andrew has pivoted to become the firm’s point person for estate planning, drafts will, trusts, power of attorney, and related documents for firm clients.
A native of the Washington D.C. area, Andrew has called New Hampshire home for more than twenty years. His current community involvement include seats on the Concord Zoning Board, and the New Hampshire Bar Association Finance Committee. He lives in Concord with his wife and two school-age daughters.
- Partner, Cohen & Winters, 2009-present
- Co-founding partner of firm focusing on criminal defense, personal injury, family law, and estate planning
- Associate, Nelson, Kinder, Mosseau & Saturley, 2007-2008
- Practiced civil litigation with an emphasis on professional liability defense
- Solo Practitioner, Winters Law Office, Concord, NH, 2006-2007
- Maintained general practice specializing in criminal defense
- Assistant Appellate Defender, New Hampshire Public Defender, Concord, NH, 2004-06
- Represented clients on appeal, appearing regularly before the New Hampshire Supreme Court through briefs and oral arguments
- Staff Attorney, New Hampshire Public Defender, Concord, NH, 1999-2004
- Represented Merrimack County defendants facing a wide variety of misdemeanor and felony charges